Card draw simulator
|None. Self-made deck here.|
Methos · 171
The future of air combat... Is it manned, or unmanned? I'll tell you, in my experience, no unmanned aerial vehicle will ever trump a pilot's instinct, his insight, that ability to look into a situation beyond the obvious and discern its outcome or a pilot's judgment. - James Rhodes: Iron Man
War Machine is a deck good against anything. I have always enjoyed playing the deck, but I wanted something with a little bit more interesting set-up. Something really fun and cool to execute (...a pilot's instinct, ..., that ability to look into a situation beyond the obvious and discern its outcome...).
This is why I built a very thematic deck around the S.H.I.E.L.D. archetype.
All added cards with the exception of the resource cards and a few permanent Support and Upgrades cards are from the S.H.I.E.L.D. archetype.
This deck is built in a way where the cards interact with each other and do something useful every turn.
The allies (with the exception of Iron Man) are from the S.H.I.E.L.D. archetype. They all seem to be a bit expensive, but I will come to a resolution to this problem later.
- All allies (with the exception of one) will be going in and out of the board serving as chunk dagame lockers and providing extras to be utilised.
- Iron Man will fetch you tech upgrade.
- Mockingbird will stun an enemy.
- Monica Chang will put one copy Surveillance Team in play, and will add an additional counter to it (plus the additional counter to any other Surveillance Team in play).
- Nick Fury would be like Motherf*cker!!! Oh, and loads of useful skills.
- The only added event is 2 copies of Global Logistics. This card is amazing for both single and multiplayer. Being able to decide how the villain turn will go... priceless.
- War Machine doesn't have any built-in mechanics to draw extra cards, so Avengers Mansion is always a good card to play.
- As going to Alter-Ego is big part of War Machine mechanics, Crew Quarters provides a lot of value.
- Field Agent is there to keep Agent 13 on the board.
- Government Liaison will allow the play of all those allies and support cards for cheap.
- Helicarrier and Quincarrier will be the difference between playing this extra event card or not.
- Sky-Destroyer will provide a lot of damage while cycling through the S.H.I.E.L.D. cards.
- Surveillance Team is the way to control Threat, and the card has a great boost in the face of Monica Chang.
- Down Time and Endurance are a must, both of them. War Machine likes going to Alter-Ego, and those upgrades will allow him to take a punch, instead of throwing an Ally in front of him, and then flip and heal for the next turn.
- Sense of Justice is in here with the single job to pay for Targeted Strike, nothing else.
- Skilled Investigator will pay for itself with the very first side scheme in play, and will occasionally provide this desperately needed draw power for War Machine.
Side Note In multiplayer, feel free to replace Sense of Justice with Symbiote Suit, or any card you see fit for the Villain you will be facing.